I just completed a thorough format and reload of my PC, a Gateway Intel Core 2
Duo with 2G of RAM. Everything was working perfectly until I received a .pdf
file from my local ARES organization. As soon as I loaded the current version
of Adobe Reader the problems started.

Adobe would not let me download Reader until I allowed an add-on to be
installed to my Internet Explorer 8. I allowed the installation, but disabled
it immediately after the download.

Reader installed with no problem, but the first time I ran it, to disable the
automatic update feature, I got the dreaded "Blue Scrren of Death" upon closing
the program.

A short time later the system rebooted with no warning, and this morning
Outlook will no longer allow me to read my email.

I seem to recall a couple of years ago that there was a problem with Reader
when used with some digital ham software. Does anyone know if it is still an
issue (if, in fact, it ever was!), or is this perhaps just a corrupt download?

In any case, I am once again reformatting and reloading, and will NOT be adding
Reader in the future!

Tnx es 73
Dave
KB3MOW