From the regulations:

Sec. 97.101 General standards. (a) In all respects not specifically covered by FCC Rules each amateur station must be operated in accordance with good engineering and good amateur practice. (b) Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. _No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station._

73 - Skip KH6TY

phil williams wrote:
I have head in the past of folks of 'reminded' using the ALE frequencies
for other modes is frowned upon. I personally never heeded the advice
as I am of the opinion that if the frequency in not in use, then it's up
for grabs.

I have not heard about any proposal on the table about a proposal to
exclude non-ALE station from certain frequencies. I am sure that if
this was a fact, the flames wars would already be in progress.

This seems to be a festering wound in need of a doctor.

PhilW de KA1GMN