Hello Ed,

> Very interesting, Andy.  I had not noticed the RX RS ID button on the SDR
> window or the RS ID configuration window.
Yes you have it: a "RX RS ID" and a "RX Call ID" buttons to the right of the
SdR window.

In case of reception of a RS ID by the SdR, it is also proposed to jump to
the transmission shifting the bandwidth containing the RS ID to the base
band.

> The MultiDEM program looks very nice.  It has more functionality than the
> built-in SDR front-end but it doesn't appear to have the RS ID decoding
> option.  Is that a possible addition in the future?  Is there an advantage
> to the built-in SDR function such as latency, etc.?
The Multidem has more SdR RX/TX functionnalities that the Multipsk SdR, but
of course I use more or less the same code.
There is not RS ID decoding in Multidem as it is not the objective of this
soft.

> 0.0% to 0.1% is really very low. As there is an AGC, the level in the
> standard waterfall must be much higher.
The problem with very low level depends on the sound card. If down to 10
bits it is only noise (standard sound card), all the signals (in base band)
good or not will be mixed with the sound card noise and they will be bad.
Now if the first 16 bits are clean of noise (Multipsk SdR working on 16
bits), the signals (in base band) will be good.

The best is to have a comfortable global level, so there will be no doubt.

73
Patrick