I think I have it figured out.

1. Put the call of the station you want to link with in the box.

2. Press the Connect button.

3. If you are answered, the other station will change your message from Now Sending to Now Receiving when he clicks Changeover.

4. When you want to transmit, type in the text box and press Enter or click Send button. When you Press Changeover, it will go out.

** Important, the person doing the transmitting is the one to hit the Changeover button.

What I did to understand what to do is set up two computers and two transceivers and start by pressing Connect so I could see what was happening. The program lacks indicators to tell you the status, unfortunately.

When you hit Changeover, nothing may happen for quite a while, but if you are linked, it will change from sending to receiving sooner or later.

If you can coordinate by phone with another person at first, that would be helpful to understand what happens on both ends.

K7MTG and I had a QSO of over an hour today on 20m and he was only running 3 watts, so the mode works quite well.

** Important, run CheckSR.exe, which you can download from here: http://www.pa-sitrep.com/checksr/CheckSR.exe. Let it run for 15 minutes and then stop it and put the input and output offsets for your soundcard into Gtor. You must calibrate your soundcard like this or it will not decode and you will not know why you cannot link.

73 - Skip KH6TY

jhaynesatalumni wrote:
I think I have it working, but haven't heard any
signals or tried to contact anyone yet. What works
is that if I punch CONNECT the transmitter gets keyed
and I can hear signal bursts going out on the sidetone.
And I guess I am receiving audio because I'm getting a
bunch of garbage on the screen with noise input.

Is there a procedure for calling CQ? Or do you have to
have a definite call sign you want to connect to?
I assume that's what goes in the box that by default
contains GTORTOCALL