Thanks for the caution, Arnie. I will definitely scan my computer for viruses and trojans after installing running loading ROS. The fact that it already sends automatic emails makes one imagine what else might be possible once I have configured it with my email address!

73 - Skip KH6TY

Arnaldo Coro wrote:

Dear amigos:
I am really concerned about the damage to the amateur radio hobby generated by
a NON AMATEUR in Spain that wrote a software program for a new digital
mode that very clearly to me, without any doubts , is a FHSS communications mode.

I wrote e-mail messages to this person, and received some very aggressive
replies from him... he even used several " bad words" in his messages that show that besides his very primitive knowledge of the English language _ ( he can not communicate effectively using English, as he has demonstrated many times with this very poorly written postings ) he lacks the most basic education and
ethics.

The topic we are dealing now is not, in my humble opinion, if ROS is or is not FHSS, it this person sent messages explaining or attempting to explain the nature of the ROS software, and then when faced with clear evidence that part of the
"market" , and a signficant one indeed , to which he was aiming, could not
make use of the ROS software.

Now we are seeing on the 20 meters band, under better propagation conditions due to the so far sustained increase in solar activity, that Olivia users are facing interference from ROS users, caused by the ignorance of the Spanish "inventor"
about amateur radio.

He replied to a senior Cuban professor, a very prestigious telecommunications expert, using what could be described as "foul" language, an indication that confirmed that he was not only answering to my advice in such a disrespectful language.

Just to add one more element... when I asked him about the possibility of writing the ROS software for LINUX users, his answer was also a clear demonstration
of his ignorance about today's world.

So, amigos at "digital radio ", my advise , and that's what I am going to do, is to alert ROS users of the possibility that the author of the software may even be attempting to use it for other purposes that are not related to amateur radio... After all, once you load a program of which you don't known the source code, into your computer, you are at the mercy of those who wrote the computer code...

73 and DX
Arnie Coro
CO2KK
IARU Region II Area C