    *From:* KH6TY <mailto:kh...@comcast.net>
    *To:* digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
    *Sent:* Saturday, March 06, 2010 14:01 UTC
    *Subject:* Re: [digitalradio] A question about spread spectrum

    The other possible problem is "wide-spreading" spread spectrum.
    There was a failed attempt about 5 years ago by the ARRL HSMM
    (High Speed Multi-Media) proponents to allow spread spectrum on
    the HF bands with the argument that the signal is spread so
    widely, each carrier appears at any given frequency only a short
    time, so it would not significantly interfere with other users of
    the frequency, and could, for example, be allowed to cover the
    entire 20m band.