LA5VNA Steinar wrote: "This has taken a whole new turn for me. I don't
like this at all."

I don't like it either, including the threats of legal action and the
call for an ARRL official to resign (not that there isn't a good
argument about a double standard here in the US, but this is not the
time to make that argument).

But I am a "glass is half full" type person. While I haven't taken the
time to read everything carefully, and I'm travelling now and don't have
time to access all the posts, I'm guessing Jose's interaction with the
FCC agent was along the lines of "each US amateur radio operator must
determine what a mode is, and if it is legal" and Jose took that to
mean, or chose to take that to mean, that if a Ham read the new website
and concluded it was a non SS digital mode, it would be legal.

If that's true, and there's no way to know for sure, it's not quite the
same as fabricating something, but it was likely not reporting FCC's
full message, and it's understandable why FCC would ask ARRL to
communicate the correction, trusting them not to twist the meaning of
the message.

In any case, it is time to move on. To amateurs worldwide, I hope you
experiment with this new mode. If I were you, I'd try to forgot this
sordid episode, and try to learn what's good about ROS, and suggest
improvements as you see fit. Enjoy. I wish I could join you.

Jim - K6JM