Trevor, I might add that it is often the practice in this country for a higher court just to either reaffirm or remand a lower court decision, instead of issuing a differing decision itself. I am sure that the FCC, as a government body, also adheres to this practice. That is why the original decision of the FCC, as originally related by the customer service agent, simply reaffirms the original finding. The official word from the FCC, through one of their spokesmen, is that ROS is spread spectrum and that will stand until modified by the petition process.

73 - Skip KH6TY

Trevor . wrote:
--- On Wed, 10/3/10, KH6TY <kh...@comcast.net <mailto:kh6ty%40comcast.net>> wrote:
> Alan, though we may disagree as to the amount or nature of FHSS in ROS,
> the bottom line is that the FCC engineers, as well as the ARRL engineers,
> reviewed both the documentation and the signal footprint, and have
> concluded it is FHSS.

Who are these "FCC Engineers" ? All we've has is a response from someone that may be assumed to be an office clerk who simply quoted back the words in Part 97.

73 Trevor M5AKA