I 110% agree with you there.

Bonnie (yes, I'm not bashful about calling her out) "controls" ALE as if it
were HERS.  In my opinion, it's little more than a business for her...not only
can you join HF-ALE, but you can also BUY MERCHANDISE.

ALE/141A is great in a military application, but amateurs that are involved in
ARES/RACES (like myself) primarily use voice for emergency comms...maybe APRS,
too.

I would be willing to BET that in the Haiti crisis, not ONE bit of emergency
traffic was passed via HF-ALE/HFLINK.  If there WAS, I'd be honestly surprised.

Let it be known that I operate 99% digital.  I use voice on 10 meters.  The
rest of the time, I let the PC do the talking.  And, I am not against
experimentation with new modes.  What I AM against is a person with control
issues, motivated by greed.