On 4/9/2010 7:53 PM, Rick Westerfield wrote:

Quite a few "seasoned hams" still use older forms of software that do not support RSID. Why they chose not to upgrade is beyond me but they have their reasons. I suppose that if all you ever do is RTTY and PSK31, what would be the point in transmitting an RSID? Or upgrading your software?

Rick -- KH2DF

That's true Rick...

I just don't understand why so many call CQ with the more 'exotic' modes without some form of mode ID. Did you ever go through all the modes / sub modes to try and figure out which one was being sent - only to have the other party go QRT after you find it : )

Tony -K2MO

*From:* digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Tony
*Sent:* Friday, April 09, 2010 6:19 PM
*To:* digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* [digitalradio] RSID Query

All,

I was just wondering if there's any confusion or misunderstanding among
the group about RS-ID? We all know that it's not always easy to identify
a mode by sight and sound yet I still see many calling CQ without any
mode identification. The end result, no contacts. I'm sure most of the
seasoned digital ops know what RS ID is and what it does, so what's the
reasoning behind not using it?

Tony -K2MO

FLDIGI - Check RX ID / TX ID in upper right corner of program window.
Click CONFIGURE / IDS to set preferences.

MULTIPSK - Click RS ID / RX RS ID in main window.
Click CONFIGURATION / MANAGMENT OF ID's.
Check CONTINUOUS DETECTION.

Ham Radio Deluxe / DM780 Version 5

Open DM780. Click OPTIONS / MODES + IDs / REED SOLOMON TAB.
Check: ENABLE RSID DETECTION / SHOW IN QSO WINDOW AS HYPERLINK
SHOW POPUP WINDOW / SHOW RSID BUTTON ON QSO TRANSMIT TOOLBAR

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5014 (20100409) __________

http://www.eset.com