Why not just limit bandwidth of any emission to 500 Hz?

73 - Skip KH6TY

Andy obrien wrote:
FYI, I plan to file a comment opposing the PIII on 60M proposal. My objections are

PIII is a proprietary mode .
PIII as used in non-busy detect Winkink system has been the leading cause of QRM complaints for the past 10 years, hence they are likely to cause the same for the primary services that have 60M allocations. Recent tests of NBEMS with FLICS and WRAP have proven as effective as PIII and take up less spectrum (and are not proprietary) Winmor 500 offers most of the Winlink capabilities without the problems associated with wide PIII and is freely available to all hams.

I will probably suggest that they authorize PS31, MFSK16 and Winmor 500 if they are going to get mode specific.

Andy K3UK