With WRAP, you can compress the file and reduce the transmission time significantly in many cases.

73 - Skip KH6TY

Tony wrote:
Andy,

I sent a Wrap file via ALE400 today. Is that just a waste of time since ALE 400 already has error correction ?

It would seem redundant if the intent was to make sure the file was received without error.

Is there are value to sending Wrap files via ALE 400?

Assuming that Wrap worked with Multipsk as it does with Fldigi, someone could use it to monitor an ALE-400 file transfer and tell if it came through without errors. All speculation on my part Andy.

I guess they could then be forwaded to Fldigi users.

Makes sense if the intent is to forward the files using a non-arq mode later on. I was under the impression that Wrap was exclusive to Fldigi, but the website says it can be used with "any digital modem program". Guess that includes Multipsk?

Very interesting Andy...

Tony -K2MO