I can't disagree with your points Dave.  However, until I have more
experience with the busy detect from the server end, I think I'll feel more
"comfortable" in the auto-sub band...at least for now.. Then , if I do
transmit on a busy frequency despite the busy-detect, I'll feel less guilty.
Despite Field Day, the band has not been busy enough for me to really test
the busy detect at the server end. On the client end, the busy detect rarely
fails to warn that the frequency is busy and halts a transmit until
over-ridden.

Andy K3UK