No, the problem is that the spread spectrum variants are mixed in with the others, all inside the ROS program, so any overall approval of ROS, which undiniably includes the non spread-spectrum modes, would accidentally approve the spread-spectrum modes also. I'm sure that the FCC is not that gullible!

The only possible avenue to ever using ROS in the US is to file a petition to modify the regulations, just as everyone else has to do.

This is the official procedure and I am sure the FCC is not interested in any re-evaluation of ROS, given what has happened and the posting of a false FCC approval.

I am tired of all this Graham, so please forgive me if I do not reply any longer to these questions. I have enough to do to keep up with kit orders for my July QST interface and no time to constantly sit in front of this computer.

I hope you understand...

73, Skip KH6TY SK