It was not my idea. The author wanted the FCC to say it was not spread spectrum. Unfortunately for all of us in the US, it is spread spectrum, and the FCC rules do not allow that below 222 MHz.

I am not potentially damaging the hobby as a whole, just posting what I know.

Go ahead and use ROS if you think you will be legal! You will do more damage to the hobby than anyone who refuses to use it, by flaunting the regulations.

73, Skip KH6TY.