  From: James Hall
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] directly modulate computer /thus eliminating
transceiver audio input"

  It'd be pretty cool if that nue-psk device was a little more like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80_Model_100 With the built in keyboard. Is it
very cumbersome to have that, a keyboard and your radio going all at once?

  On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM, J. Moen <j...@jwmoen.com> wrote:

    Remote control. Very useful in some situations.  Especially if you aren't
allowed to have decent antennas where you live.

    The kick I get from battery-operated QRP operation is communicating without
infrastructure.  I am out there with a battery, a radio, a NUE-PSK modem and a
portable antenna.  No internet, no power company.

    (Full disclosure --  I don't yet have a portable solar facility to recharge
my battery, so right now I'm still tied to power company infrastructure for
re-charging.   But architecturally, I don't have to be.)

    As you say, both approaches have value.  This diversity is why Ham Radio is
so interesting....

       Jim - K6JM