On 8/1/2010 7:31 AM, Steinar Aanesland wrote:

Hi Tony

Have you done some test comparing ros with mods like psk31 , rtty ,
olivia etc?

Yes I have Steinar

Tony -K2MO

a5vna Steinar

On 20.07.2010 03:42, Tony wrote:
> All,
>
> With all the attention ROS has been getting lately, I thought it would
be interesting to see how the narrow mode compared to the wide version
under the controlled environment of the HF path simulator. After a few
hours of testing, it seems there's little difference between the two.

> The simulator indicated that they both had the same sensitivity
(-15db) and essentially the same poor channel performance
characteristics (see throughput samples below). In no case did one mode
outperform the other to the point where it would make any real
difference; both have the essentially the same wpm rate as well.

> These tests are not conclusive, but they do suggest that there may not
be any real advantage in using the wide mode vs narrow under most
circumstances. Of course, the simulator can only emulate the basic
characteristics of the real HF channel so it would be interesting to
hear from those who have compared the two on-air.