  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 12:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Fwd: [KenwoodTS-2000] D-Star with the TS-2000

  I have to agree that it would be interesting to experiment with the D-Star
modem, but it doesn't seem practical for HF. In addition to gobbling up a fair
amount of spectrum, I suspect that it would be difficult to maintain the
required SNR with a modem that's 6KHz wide.

  The narrow-band FDMDV modem worked out well by not only improving sensitivity
over WinDRM, but by allowing one to "squeeze" the signal between the adjacent
QRM. The modems quick recover time was a real plus as well - not sure how long
it takes for the D-Star modem to re-sync.

  Tony -K2MO