Thanks, Kevin!

I think that was the issue. I had, in my early days of learning about SDR,
installed another version of gnuradio. Also, I was not calling the
pybombs-installed gnuradio correctly. Instead of

$ pybombs run gnuradio-companion

I was calling it like so:

$ gnuradio-companion

That is another error.

I have everything working as expected now (i.e., got the OP flowgraph (and
more)) working.

I uninstalled all gnuradio-* components (sudo apt-get remove --purge
libgnuradio*, and maybe more; try apt list --installed  | grep gnuradio)
installed by Ubuntu's apt-get and then, using pybombs (see
https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs), rebuilt gnuradio and added the
necessary recipes.

So, here's what I did:

$ apt list --installed  | grep gnuradio
$ sudo apt-get remove --purge libgnuradio* # again, do the above and this
line for everything else you may have installed using apt-get, e.g.,
rtl-sdr, osmosdr etc.
$ pybombs -vv rebuild gnuradio
$ pybombs recipes add gr-recipes git+
https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git # may not be needed, but redid
anyway.
$ pybombs recipes add gr-etcetera git+
https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-etcetera.git # may not be needed, but redid
anyway.
$ pybombs install gr-osmosdr

Marcus, thanks for your on the matter! I hope this helps someone.