Hi Adrian - If you use a file source with a throttle, then that section of
your flowgraph will not drop samples. Using what Kevin wrote: The file
source will "work" as fast as possible, so its output buffer will fill up
quickly and any time samples are removed from it & so long as there is file
data available the file source will keep the output buffer full -- and
hence the throttle's input buffer will basically always be full. The
throttle will pass every single sample through eventually, but at an
average rate the matches its configuration. When presented with data in
this fashion, the throttle will do a very good job of keeping the output
sample rate close to that requested. Hence any dropped samples are
happening downstream from the throttle. Hope this is useful! - MLD

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 6:10 AM Adrian Musceac <kanto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the explanation, I think my flawed understading was due to
> the fact of having a file source with a throttle block, and seeing
> samples being dropped from buffers that did not match ASCII bytes lost
> at the file source but somewhere along the way. Is it correct to
> presume that in this case it is the throttle block that will be
> dropping the samples?
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

Michael Dickens, Mac OS X Programmer