Hi Glen - GR38 provides compatibility with Py27, so your old code should
still work there ... once the GR37 specific parts are update to what GR38
requires. From a Python perspective, it should still work. We'd recommend
creating a "maint-3.7" branch (or something that makes it clear that the
branch is for GR37), and then moving "master" to use GR38. Of course, GR39
will remove Py27 compatibility, so we advise everyone doing GR development
to update to Py3 code ... Py36 would be good enough, Py37 would be better!
Py38 is a little too young still to recommend long term moving to it, but
as of yet it seems to work out of the box with GR and UHD and Volk and
related projects. Hope this is useful! - MLD

--
Michael Dickens
Ettus Research Technical Support