Not sure why we're still beating this dead horse, but that's just not the
case. When I formatted the drive, I formatted sdx1.

It's not a matter of opinion, nor is it a subject for voting to decide what
happened.

The 18TB disk is the largest disk I own, and all my other disks were close
to full when I purchased the 18TB disk. To back it up, I'd need to purchase
yet another disk, and I don't plan on doing that for at least another year.
More precisely, when the 18TB drive is getting close to full.

Email: abre...@gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6