On 5/12/22 23:35, _isi_ wrote:
Hello,

having the above card running, but can only get between 5 to 7 Gbits/sec with iperf3.
ixgbe card gives up to 9Gbits/sec with iperf3.

Were you using a single stream (without -P or -P 1), or multiple TCP streams?

The mlxcx driver currently lacks LSO/TSO support, so it is limited in single-stream TCP throughput to somewhere in the range of 5-10gbit depending on your hardware and configuration. It can typically exceed that considerably with multiple TCP streams.

Adding LSO/TSO support is a to-do item for the driver that hasn't been a super high priority for me personally (the university I work for mostly cares about aggregate throughput with lots of streams).