On Sunday 06 December 2015 14:52:08 Aymeric Augustin wrote:
> > On 6 déc. 2015, at 10:49, James Bennett <ubernost...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I don’t think anyone ever prevented a core dev who wanted to backport a
> commit from doing so — unless it carried a risk of backwards
> incompatibility, which doesn’t appear to be the case here.

Not to my knowledge also, but we did have a policy change, about two years
ago, against arbitrary backports at a core-dev's judgment (which was the norm
until then). So, I find it very proper that James has brought this up on the
list.

That said, the reasoning for backporting seems sound to me, so +1.

Shai.