Hi Carl,

On Tuesday 15 December 2015 18:17:36 Carl Johnson wrote:
> I was adding a sitemap to a project, and I more or less had to rewrite the
> views from scratch because sitemap expects to receive a dictionary of all
> possible pages at start up time, [...]

This seems to be a misrepresentation; it takes a dictionary of all site
sections, but each section may well change. E.g. the documentation[1] mentions
a BlogSitemap class -- but surely, new blog posts may be added without
requiring system restart to update the site map...

> So my question is this, if I created a class-based version of sitemaps
> (django.contrib.sitemaps_cbv or whatever), would that pull request be
> something you would have interest in merging? Or do you consider the
> existing sitemaps are good enough, and you don't want to have support
> something new (for example, rewriting all the docs)?

The above notwithstanding, you may have some real improvements to suggest, in
which case we may be interested. However, we would probably like to see the
prospective new sitemaps used before we'd accept it, so your best path towards
that is to develop your version as a 3rd-party app. We'd probably not like to
keep both versions, though, so if you're trying to write a replacement, you
need to consider issues of backwards compatibility and upgrade path.

HTH,
        Shai.