On Sunday 20 December 2015 11:47:54 Erik Cederstrand wrote:

> Why not strip the microseconds explicitly as soon as you're handed a
> datetime with microseconds? That way you make it explicit that you really
> don't want microseconds. That's less head-scratching for the next person
> to work with your code. Just dt.replace(microsecond=0) all date values
> before you issue a .filter(), .save(), .update(), .raw() or whatever.

This could be a workable solution, or you could be asking him to add dozens of
lines of boilerplate. Either way, we should contend with the claim of
backwards-incompatibility. IMO we need to do one of two things:

- Provide a way to restore pre-1.8 behavior of the MySql backend, or
- Document a sensible workaround (and I do not consider "add a line before
every query" to be sensible).

Shai.