Hi,

While developing against a large project with many migrations, I found 1.8's
--keepdb option to the test command a life-saver, changing the time to run the
projects test from 7-8 minutes to under one (not even counting the tests
themselves). But it is still missing something.

If I develop a branch which includes migrations, and -- these things happen --
I need to change the migrations (whether because they had a bug, or because I
rebased the branch and I need to resolve conflicts), I'm basically out of luck
with --keepdb; there's no easy way to roll back migrations on the test
database (the only way would be to use a special settings file which defines
the
test database as a "production" one to roll the migrations back).

I would like to have a "--test-db" option to the "migrate" command, which lets
me run migrations explicitly against the test database, assuming it exists
because of prior invocations of "test --keepdb" (and erroring out if it
doesn't, of course).

Is it just me?

Thanks,
        Shai.