Hello

I have hit what I feel is an arbitrary limit on the length of a django
model class name. I am using the PostgreSQL backend, which smartly
truncates table names above a certain size (normally 63 characters) which
means in theory a table name can be of indeterminate length, as PostgreSQL
will truncate it appropriately. However, if the model class name is greater
than 100 characters than an error is thrown when saving the model name to
the `django_content_type` model as the `ContentType.model` field uses a
CharField with a limit of 100. This arbitrarily restricts the size of the
model name when the db backend can handle it fine.

I tried to go back in time to figure out if there was any context in
setting the `ContentType.model` field max_length at 100 chars, but it was
made before the Django project was migrated to git.

I feel it would be best to switch this field to a TextField, as even 255
characters seems an unreasonable limit to impose when the db backend can
support longer names, though perhaps having a smaller (but configurable)
max_length on the TextField would still be desirable.

What are peoples feelings on this?

Cheers,
Richard