Yes please create a ticket. If you’re feeling brave, try to adapt your test
into Django’s test suite (here:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/84206607d6bfd61e7f7a88b51163ffd4153e3b5a/tests/postgres_tests/test_array.py#L212
)!

On Sun, Oct 9, 2022 at 11:49 AM Ion Alberdi <ion.albe...@pricemoov.com>
wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> a unit test added at
> https://github.com/pricemoov/django/pull/2
> shows that the exact filter on a full "NULL nested array" currently fails.
> (the commit messages shows how to reproduce the error).
>
> More precisely, the error is
> "django.db.utils.DataError: invalid input syntax for type integer:
> "{NULL,NULL}"
>
>     LINE 1: ...ullableintegerarraymodel"."field_nested" =
> (ARRAY['{NULL,NUL..."
>
> and seems to be due to the query being generated as
> "...ARRAY['{NULL,NULL}']..."
> instead of "...ARRAY[ARRAY[NULL,NULL]]..."
>
> I wonder whether this is due to django or psycopg2. Indeed, the bug is not
> reproduced
> if at least one of the element in the nested array is not null.
>
> Is the bug worth creating a ticket?
>
> Best regards,

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bad3435e-1299-4b1d-b701-7881e111ec90n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bad3435e-1299-4b1d-b701-7881e111ec90n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM1Rs%3DxZjChzqU3qj6YttB3atLX7bhGuURd0-3v_OitK0g%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Arr... Ion Alberdi
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Ion Alberdi
        • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
          • ... Ion Alberdi
    • ... Jörg Breitbart
      • ... Ion Alberdi
        • ... Jörg Breitbart