27.8.2012 12:11, jm kirjoitti:
hi

do you solved it ? I'm looking for the same and do not find anything to
change which column is used in the SELECT instead of __unicode__

thanks

jm

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2011 00:16:06 UTC+2, galgal a écrit :

    I use ModelForm. One of fields is:

    |repertoire=  models.ForeignKey(Repertoire)

    I need to change it's display type. Instead of using *unicode* in
    display I want to show name and date of repertoire. How in ModelForm
    I can do that?

You can change it by creating custom field and overriding label_from_instance method.

It's documented just below https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3//ref/forms/fields/#django.forms.ModelChoiceField.empty_label

HTH,

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...