Hi, I am running into some issues configuring django-pipeline. It is
compressing and creating the asset groups as expected when running
collectstatic but then I get a 404 error when trying to load them in the
app. I've been playing around with paths and settings and I cannot figure
out why.

Using STATICFILES_STORAGE = 'pipeline.storage.PipelineStorage'  I get a
good response from python manage.py findstatic <file relative path>  but
still cannot load them in my webpage. These are my settings

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.admin',
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.messages',
    'django.contrib.staticfiles',
    'pipeline',
    'django_extensions',
    'widget_tweaks',
    'django.contrib.gis',
    'django_hstore',
    'registration',
    'ui',
)

# Static asset configuration
STATIC_ROOT = 'staticfiles'
STATIC_URL = '/static/'
STATICFILES_STORAGE = 'pipeline.storage.PipelineStorage'

STATICFILES_FINDERS = (
    'pipeline.finders.FileSystemFinder',
    'pipeline.finders.AppDirectoriesFinder',
    'pipeline.finders.PipelineFinder',
    'pipeline.finders.CachedFileFinder',
)

PIPELINE_CSS = {
    'base': {
        'source_filenames': (
          'ui/css/bootstrap.min.css',
          'ui/css/adjust.css',
        ),
        'output_filename': 'ui/css/myapp_base.css',
    },
}

PIPELINE_JS = {
    'base': {
        'source_filenames': (
          'ui/js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js',
          'ui/js/js/bootstrap.min.js',
        ),
        'output_filename': 'ui/js/myapp_base.js',
    }
}

And in my templates:

{% load staticfiles %}
{% load compressed %}

{% compressed_js 'base' %}
{% compressed_css 'base' %}

When I run collectstatic I see under my staticfiles dir, the files
ui/js/myapp_base.js and ui/css/myapp_base.css are being created, calling
python manage.py findstatic ui/css/myapp_base.css works but I get a 404 in
my webapp

If I use STATICFILES_STORAGE = 'pipeline.storage.PipelineCachedStorage' I
see also some extra files with random identifiers are being generated, but
then I get a 404 when requesting those files (including random id) and in
this case, findstatic also fails (if i look with the file including the
random id in the name)

I am sure I am missing something but I just cannot figure this out. Does
anyone have any pointers to this one?

Thanks
Marcela

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/9922cc25-cf32-4af2-b6bc-39fee8d8a3f8%40googlegroups.com.