getting this error:

"Upload a valid image. The file you uploaded was either not an image
or a corrupted image."

tried with a gif and with a jpg. I've got PIL installed...

it probably has to do with my models.vi.

from django.db import models
from django.core.files.storage import FileSystemStorage

from tagging.fields import TagField
from tagging.models import Tag

class Portfolio(models.Model):
    sitename = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    url = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    thumb = models.ImageField(upload_to='/images/portfolio')
    description = models.TextField()
    tags = TagField()

    def __unicode__(self):
        return u'%s' %(self.sitename)

do i need to do anything with the Storage API to get this to work? Or
is there a certain item i need to place in "INSTALLED_APPS"?