----- Original Message -----

I've been looking at examples. I'm not sure how to solve the problem of
recipient perception of the subdomain.  we have been so effective at convincing
people that email addresses that look different from what you are expecting are
a phishing attack and they should simply delete it that they do not respond to
our subdomain emails but still fall for real pishing.  yes, the irony is not
lost on me.

also, the DMARC third party methods seem to be aimed at solving the one way
communications problem (newsletters, bills, notices) and not where the bulk
mail is the start of a two way conversation.

another issue with subdomains is the return address. maybe a customer can alias
one domain on top of another but that also triggers suspicion on the part of
the recipient. not sure how to handle that one.

> DKIM selectors are for key management, not to create multiple mail
> streams visible to outsiders.  You're not the first to have that
> misunderstanding but I don't know how to make it any clearer in the
> documentation.

Maybe the "misunderstanding" speaks to a common conceptual model for outsiders?
 what are the implications of generalizing selectors to identifying different
streams?