It sounds to me like the bounce address is the third-party provider
and there's no DKIM signature, so there's nothing for DMARC to align
with.

Sounds to me like the answer is that if you're going to let a third
party send mail for you, it'd be a good idea to enable the third party
to put on some DKIM signatures, too.

If you're going to have a third party send mail for you, why can't you just list the third party IP address in your SPF record?

You can, if the third party puts your domain in the bounce address. In this case it sounds like they put their domain in the bounce address.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY