In article <869d643b-7594-4bad-8929-9afdea01d...@portadmiral.org> you write:
>Yes, there are folks who don’t know. I am an administrator for 17 mailing
>lists using different technologies,
>and I belong to several more. Mailman is different from Yahoo Groups is
>different from Google Groups is
>different from L-Soft’s listserv (where most of my lists are). And every one
>has different subscribe and
>unsubscribe options.

The would be a good time to upgrade your mail program to one that
handles the List-Unsubscribe header that was defined in RFC 2369 in
1998 and that is present on every message sent to this list as well as
on messages from Yahoogroups and most othe list systems.  Then you're
one click away from unsubscribing for any mailing list.

> And every one of my lists has a link to unsubscribe in the footer. Just as
> this list should
>and is required by law, at least in the US. This is the only list I have
>encountered that does not follow this practice.

You appear to be misstating 15 USC 7704 (a)(3) which requires opt-out
contact info in commercial electronic mail messages.  Except that
"commercial electronic mail message" is defined in 15 USC 7702 (2),
and this list clearly isn't it, so the requirement doesn't apply.  (I
get to play junior lawyer because I've been an expert witness in CAN
SPAM criminal court cases.)

By the way, each message to this list does have a URL in the footer,
which does indeed lead to the mailman page where you can unsubscribe.
Try it.

R's,
John