On 05/11/2019 08:34, John Levine via dmarc-discuss wrote:
In article <CAFVnjdXH=fe4s+6jpllz14yno2vb1uqsuhfld9pt0f3dhng...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
Can someone tell me why the mail providers have stopped sending forensic
emails?
They haven't stopped because they never started.

I received failure/forensic reports ("ruf=") from NetEase and Hotmail for several years, for at least one small domain I operate, and I appear to have received such reports from NetEase as recently as 3Q2018. None from Hotmail since late 2017 though, and that was expected when Microsoft merged that service into other infrastructure.

Was that a special exception, and I'm the only one who ever got those? That was not my understanding of the situation at the time...

Forensic messages have big privacy problems because they send a
message, or at least part of it, to someone who may or may not have
any connection to the actual sender.

Yes, this is the reason usually given - and that was before GDPR went into effect.

No large mail system has ever sent them.

Just to quibble: NetEase was and is large, and Hotmail was pretty large before it was merged into other Microsoft infrastructure.

--S.