This has been a bit of a problem, as non-verification of “ruf” addresses
combined with people copying sample DMARC records in their deployments led to
what I have to assume are violations of GDPR and several other privacy regimes.

I would hope people would see reporting address verification as an important
mitigation of concerns about “ruf” reporting. My fear is that instead it makes
the lawyers say “no” a few microseconds faster...

—Steve.

Sent from my iPhone (if I’m lucky)