Maarten Oelering via dmarc-discuss wrote on 2021-12-02 13:34:
We see many aggregate reports where <policy_published><domain> is a subdomain
which does not publish a DMARC record. The DMARC record is on the organisation domain.

[...]

It’s so widespread it looks like some DMARC reporting software is broken. In one of the
reports I saw "X-Mailer: opendmarc-reports v1.3.2".

Do others notice this as well? And how do you treat these reports, drop them or
fix them?

Now that you mention it: yes, we're seeing a lot of these.

We just ignore it. Dropping seems a bit excessive for what I consider a minor error. I've noticed other inconsistencies or discrepancies from the XML Schema by looking at lots of reports. To me it's not worth to chase each of them.

Regards,
Matt