> On Apr 1, 2023, at 6:29 AM, Scott Kitterman <skl...@kitterman.com> wrote:
>
> I think that's not quite it.
>
> There is clearly a valid reason.  There are domains that value the security
> properties of p=reject more highly than the negative effects to
> interoperability.

For many years we knew this would happen and it took Yahoo.com
<http://yahoo.com/> to wake everyone up on this.  Obviously they didn’t ’t care
and for good reasons — receivers were beginning to flat-out block all yahoo.com
as one of the spam pollutions around.  Same with aol.com <http://aol.com/>,
same with hotmail.com <http://hotmail.com/>, etc.  Flat out just block them.

So yahoo going hard with SPF and ADSP and then DMARC was a good thing.  I began
to tell old folks still using yahoo it is now safe to use yahoo.com for high
value services (banking, etc).

But Yahoo needs to look at the ATPS resigners to support other domains in the
market.

—
HLS