> On Apr 10, 2023, at 12:55 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <superu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> I think the one thing we haven't discussed is: Could the 80-20 rule apply
> here?  That is, if we start off with something like what
> draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform proposed (or even a trivial subset of it),
> might it make enough of a dent to get us through this stalemate, and then we
> can figure out what to do with the rest of it?
>
> -MSK, participating

Please consider the overall goal and the various methods to get to the same
conclusion:

- Inline ADID::SDID authorization (2nd signatures, new tags, complexity)
- DNS lookup ADID::SDID authorization (plug and plug)

The later is the more optimized method for plug and play implementation.

I would rather not have to change SPF, DKIM to support a protocol incomplete
ADSP/DMARC proposal. We can begin to fix this with the proper add-ons or
replacement of DMARC (which is not a good idea. We want to piggyback off the
lookups).

DSAP provides domains a method to expose what is expected, unexpected and
optional.

Cover the boundary conditions to close loop holes that exist.

Too many holes.

—
HLS