On 4/14/2023 7:43 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On Thu 13/Apr/2023 18:01:40 +0200 John R Levine wrote:

In ADSP I made the equivalent policy "discardable" to reinforce this point. My co-authors weren't happy about it, but they couldn't disagree.

ADSP was different from DMARC.

ADSP dkim=discardable basically said "Expect mail to be always signed by the author and only the author if not, discard" which is basically DMARC p=reject. Discard is used because was possible to process after acceptance. So to avoid the "required" bounce, this authorize mail men discard it. Don't bounce it, don't let the user see it. If DMARC was processed at data before acceptance, then its a 55z Reject concept. So the same as DMARC p=reject.

ADSP dkim=all said "expect my mail to be signed by someone"

We could not finish this 3rd party idea of authorizing the always signed.

DMARC needs this Always Signed by someone idea too with ATPS to finish the authorization missing piece.

--
Hector Santos,
https://santronics.com