I believe it is correct, SHOULD strive to trusted known sources.  The final
mechanism SHOULD be one of (hard) failure.  This is what we (ideally) strive
for.  I believe anything weaker is a waste of computational resources, causes
confusion using neutral or even soft fails especially with repeated
transactions.

All the best,
Hector Santos