Neil, SPF essentially deals with hosts and IP address ranges. Your
suggested solution does not address the main problem(s) raised in the
research.

One approach that potentially addresses the SPF problem of shared hosting
would be for ESPs to use IPv6 address space for sending. Each customer can
then be assigned unique IP addresses. An approach like this causes other
potential operational problems, for example infrequent senders (think of a
monthly newsletter sent at the beginning of each month). The issues
presented by Chuhan Wang have actually been known and understood for quite
sometime even if not well documented for a wider audience.

I do agree that the title is misleading.

Michael Hammer