> On Mar 9, 2024, at 10:05 AM, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> as ADSP is historical, perhaps we can strike A5 entirely.  If not, we should
> at least eliminate bullet 5:
>
>   5.  ADSP has no support for a slow rollout, i.e., no way to configure
>       a percentage of email on which the Mail Receiver should apply the
>       policy.  This is important for large-volume senders.
>
> (Alternatively, we could think back about pct=...?)

If anything, DMARCBis should assist (provide guidance) with ADSP to DMARC
migration considerations.

There are still folks who don’t believe in DMARC and continue to have an ADSP.
  ADSP has two basic policies: DISCARDABLE and ALL.

ALL means lways signed by anyone. DISCARDABLE means always signed by the Author
Domain,

DMARCbis continues to use the term “Super ADSP” in section A5.  We may be
beyond justifications of why DMARC replaced ADSP.   Help with migration would
be useful.

While an ADSP DISCARD policy may translate to a DMARC p=reject, an ADSP ALL
policy may not have any DMARC equivalent unless non-alignment was a defined
policy (in DMARC) - I don’t there is.

All the best,
Hector Santos