> From: Paolo Molaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Posted At: Saturday, June 22, 2002 6:20 AM
> Subject: Re: Shared Source
>
> On 06/22/02 Sobolev Sergei wrote:
> > Could you please explain me what difference between "Open Source"
and
> > "Shared Source"?
>
> Shared Source is:
> "Look but don't touch. Touch but don't taste. Taste but don't swallow.
> And while you're jumping on one foot to the next, what is he doing?
He's
> laughing his sick f***ing *ss off. He's a tight*ss. He's a sadist.
He's
> an absentee-landlord!"

That's not really very accurate at all...the basic gist is:

Shared Source:
You can make any changes you want, and you can distribute those changes
in binary and/or source form at your discretion.  You may not remove the
license, and you may not commercially gain from the code (exceptions for
training).

GPL:
You can make any changes you want, and you can distribute those changes
at your discretion.  However, if you distribute your changes in binary
form, you must distribute your source code as well.  You may not remove
the license.

BSD:
You may not remove the license.  All else is fair game.

Ken