Hi,

I need advice on how virus scan and removal can be done on a _mdbox_ mail storage?

On a maildir storage the virus scanner (e.g. clamav etc.) can detect and remove a email that is infected, since every email and attachment are stored in separate files.

But in mdbox the emails and attachments are compressed together in one ore more mdbox-files ...

I am anxious to convert my mail storage for virus scanning into maildir format, since I don't know if a virus or crypto trojan con be activated with this converting action =:-o

Cheers
Christoph.

--
Christoph Haas