On 26/08/2022 16:43, dove...@ptld.com wrote:
On 08-26-2022 11:34 am, João Silva wrote:
As far as I understood the sieve location is relative to the home.

True.

In my server I kept the default
sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
In your definition there are ../ in the mix

Yes, mine is "active=~/../_sieve/.active_sieve" which has ~ same as yours. And /../ is a relative path feature, you don't see /../ in full absolute paths.

But somehow can be interfering. In my case I would try. It is possible?

ls /home/../tmp

is valid, it's relative or absolute?

So how is using ~ and a relative path creating an absolute symlink?
How do you prevent it so dovecot only creates a relative symlink?