El 21/10/22 a les 7:19, Zhang Huangbin ha escrit:

On Oct 21, 2022, at 4:19 AM, Antonio Leding <t...@leding.net> wrote:

My understanding is that Director is targeted toward large enterprise mail
installations that will incorporate several servers for a given function. In such
an environment, Director would be the fore-person\traffic-cop keeping things
organized & squared-away.

Director is used when you setup frontend servers in a load-balance cluster,
proxy imap/pop3/lmtp/managesieve requests to backend Dovecot servers.

I setup load-balance cluster for clients with HAProxy + KeepAlived + Dovecot
Director running in frontend servers, so sad we have to find an alternative to
replace Director in such case.

It's not about "small/medium" servers, but the demand of imap/pop3/lmtp proxy
service, especially in load-balance cluster.

It's used also to backend a 3rd party mailbox/IMAP for an account.

--

Narcis Garcia

I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator should fix this against automated addresses collectors.