Sounds like a boss at work. An "admin" doing off-beat SQL-like stuff on people's email. I'm a little disconcerted. I don't really use these commands myself or see a good use case for them, or the whole infrastructure built up on "doveadm" commands.

These are general purpose mailbox utilities. Something that would be much less confusing to fork off into a totally separate project independent of Dovecot. There is sifting and sorting for spam and porn and scams, but that isn't really a "dove(cot) admin" job.

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Move
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/SearchQuery

I have several virtual mailboxes but dovecot knows nothing about them. Postfix is configured to deliver mail for my virtual mailboxes, and my desktop & mobile email clients are configured with "identities" to respond to them.