Le 16/10/2023 à 19:44, Marc a écrit :

Is s3 not to slow for this?

I think the clue is in the name "s3-compatible".

Clearly calling out to "real" (AWS) S3 would be a non-starter.

But a local installation of something like CEPH, MinIO or whatever on the
same LAN ? I'd think that should be workable, no ?
Do you know of anything that does this reliably?

I tested a few years ago with ceph[1] but at that point there was some issues
where it had a 2x write applification (on top of the 3x) if I remember
correctly.
All of this is if not dead end will be a lots of complexity and inefficiency and a lot of waste of money. Only the application know how to things efficiently and with consistency. The actual system is not perfect, but simple and robust and there is room for improvements. Dovecot is a very solid base. The replicator removing is sad, but aligned with the business pressure open-xchange business: Their customers are only big players all-ready wasting lots of money on "enterprise grade" architecture and big and expensive cloud services. It is perfectly aligned with their customer view of efficiency... At the same time, this customers have a very distorted view of the cost of pure service. They want a price at the lowest common denominator of human cost over the planet... I think that open-xchange only try to off cut all possible maintenance cost from the "product". It it too much ? Will it pay off ? Who live will see... From over more than thirty years of experience of observing the open source world, projects that achieve "world domination" are NEVER the ones that sacrifices the technical goal for business reasons/pressure even if it take decades to be recognized for it true value.

Now that Exchange has a robust multinode replication and distribution system dovecot will loose it own. Ironic isn't it :-)

Emmanuel.